My Bash prompt
A few days ago I took the time to finally rewrite the code for my Bash prompt. I had been using the prompt for nearly two years, but the code was fugly and had some problems. Now it runs without problems and is nicer so I can finally share it with the world. You can find the 'trexprompt' in my dotfiles repository on github. It also has a project page on this site with installation and configuration details. The prompt has the following features:
- Shows the current path, trimmed in the middle for very long paths.
- Shows the current load and time when last command finished on very wide terminals, right aligned.
- When inside a Git repository, shows the current branch and state
- Shows the exit code of the previous command when non-zero
- Configurable colors (left and right)
- When no colors are configured, colors will be calculated based on the hostname. So every host will automatically display other colors.
There are no comments.
Comment Atom Feed